UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2022, 11:43 pm   #1
Grubhead
Heptode

Default Panasonic NV-HS850 play problem

I have noticed on several different tapes that after playing a while the machine will suddenly go into reverse play. It appears to be random when it does it, but it does it often. You can get it to go back into play by pressing a button on the remote. Nobody is touching the remote or controls on the machine when it goes into reverse play. Any solutions to the problem?
Old 21st Mar 2022, 1:54 am   #2
George Cooper
Triode

Default Re: Panasonic NV-HS850 play problem

Top of my list of things to check would be the mode switch, they can cause all kinds of issues. It is possible to carefully clean the switch out, replacement would be better if you could find one.
Old 21st Mar 2022, 11:35 am   #3
Grubhead
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Cooper View Post
Top of my list of things to check would be the mode switch, they can cause all kinds of issues. It is possible to carefully clean the switch out, replacement would be better if you could find one.
Of course Why didn't I think of that? Mode switches are nearly always to blame! To be honest I haven't worked on a VHS for several years, that's my excuse anyway.
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 7:17 pm   #4
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

I'm thinking bad or dirty contacts on the jog/shuttle dial.
Closed Thread