UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Oct 2017, 6:14 pm   #1
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Malta Amateur Radio League HQ Visit

A recent holiday in Malta and we visited the HQ of the Malta Amateur Radio League in Attard. Only about 150M from a bus stop on the main road bus route 56 (and others). In fact, the last stop in Attard, and is the stop before the junction that leads off to Ta'Qali craft village and the aviation museum.
Meetings are 1800-2000 on 2 evenings a week and 1000-1200 on Sundays. All local time. I forget the callsigns of who I met, but one 9H1 amateur (Robin) was English and told me he had lived there 50 years.
Malta is our favourite holiday destination and I had the pleasure to leave a gift of some 50R dummy load resistors for the club members.
The pictures show the club entrance, the 6M beacon TX 9H1SIX and the 6M vertical atop a bracket on the single story building and the beam and dipoles.
There are numerous rooms and a nice enclosed courtyard where (I was told) bbq and pasta events are organised to raise club funds.
A nice welcome after my first visit at the club, especially after having visited Malta at least 26 times in 25 years!
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	malat arl gate.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	150916   Click image for larger version

Name:	malta arl ant general.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	150917   Click image for larger version

Name:	malta arl 9h16m tx.jpg