UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Sep 2017, 9:57 pm   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Harpenden 24th September auction/swapmeet

So now that summer is fading in to the past and the dark nights are rolling in, why not stock up the workshop with some projects to keep you occupied for all those rainy weekends/evenings to come?

Yes, it's Harpenden time again, on Sunday 24th September.

Doors open 9.30am, (stallholders 9.00am) £5 entry on the door.
Auction to start about 1pm, with approx. 300 lots!

With many stalls, the Bring & Buy table, you will find a huge selection of vintage goodies, including radio, TV, audio/hifi, communications, spares, valves, test gear, service manuals, ephemera, books and much more!

Plus the BVWS table with all the Capacitor values that you need for vintage gear, plus Deoxit, Bulletin back issues and publications/DVD's.

ALL ARE WELCOME, if you're not a member, you can come in as a guest and see what we're all about! You can even take the plunge and join on the day (You'll need to be a member to bid in the auction) Debit/Credit card payments taken for memberships, auction and BVWS stall items.
Hot and cold refreshments served throughout the day!
See you there!

Here's a video of a previous event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2UZBn0pvg

See you there...

BVWS committee chairman

Last edited by audiomagpie; 10th Sep 2017 at 10:03 pm.
Old 11th Sep 2017, 10:16 am   #2
MurphyNut
Heptode

Default Re: Harpenden 24th September auction/swapmeet

Just a question, I was a member of the BVWS many moons ago but lost touch with the society, I guess at the time having too many other club memberships and stretching my time.
I'm now interested in joining again, now having more time and vintage radio knowledge under my belt.
Would I be able to join on the Harpenden meet and be able to bid on items in the auction? I will however be coming on my own. Thanks
Old 11th Sep 2017, 4:55 pm   #3
audiomagpie
Heptode

Yes you can join/re join on the day Clive. Then a membership number can be issued allowing a bidding card to be printed. Just look out for me and we can sort it for you, I'm usually up on the stage helping to set out the auction items. But make it before 11am please. We can take payment in cash/cheque/card.

BVWS committee chairman
Old 11th Sep 2017, 7:02 pm   #4
Pamphonica
Nonode

BRING & BUY

As usual Jeffrey, Brian, and I will be raising money for the Dulwich Vintage Wireless Museum on the Bring and Buy stall. We're no longer in the foyer but just inside the main hall on the left. You can still leave stuff with us during setting up as we'll have a booking-in table in one of the doors to the main hall.

There are 2 ways to sell stuff on the B&B.

1: Donation with 100% going to the Vintage Wireless Museum. We also like this because there's no admin for labels, lists etc.

2: Sales with 10% commission to the Museum. If you have more than a couple of items it helps us a lot if you can make a numbered list with prices. With corresponding numbered price labels stuck on the items. We then add a serial letter so that your No 3 is different from another No 3. We can do labeling/listing on the day but it really slows things down at busy times. Please use attached listing sheet if possible, to help us

We close the B&B at 1pm due to the auction but if you've sold anything you can collect the proceeds at any time. Please remember to collect unsold items well before 1pm.

You've all been fabulously generous in the past, raising over £400 at the last Harpenden, so let's hope for another big donation to the Museum this time.

See you all there

Jeremy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B&B Single Sheet.pdf (62.8 KB, 115 views)
Old 12th Sep 2017, 3:01 am   #5
MurphyNut
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomagpie View Post
Yes you can join/re join on the day Clive. Then a membership number can be issued allowing a bidding card to be printed. Just look out for me and we can sort it for you, I'm usually up on the stage helping to set out the auction items. But make it before 11am please. We can take payment in cash/cheque/card.
Thanks for that Greg, taken note of this and will see you on the day.
Old 20th Sep 2017, 2:57 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Auction catalogue attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BVWS Harpenden Auction 092017.pdf (63.5 KB, 361 views)

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 7:03 pm   #7
MurphyNut
Heptode

Just one final question, with items won in the auction can these be paid by card or is it cash only? Thanks.
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 11:06 pm   #8
murphymad
Heptode

Clive,

The BVWS will accept cash or card as we have a portable card terminal.

Mike...
Old 24th Sep 2017, 9:33 pm   #9
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

I very much enjoyed today at Harpenden, We all appreciate the tremendous effort put in by Mike, Greg and the team.

The bring and buy seemed to be very busy and I hope that they raised a good sum for the museum.John Pearson, Phil Taylor and myself really enjoyed the day and the purchases we made along the way.

Trevor.
Old 24th Sep 2017, 10:30 pm   #10
MurphyNut
Heptode

I too enjoyed it very much, I re-joined BVWS and it was nice chatting with some old faces.
I was quite shocked at how cheap radios were compared to the last auctions I attended some 15 years ago.
I came away with a smile on my face and 4 nice radios to keep me occupied in those winter months.
I'd like to second Trevor's comments and thank the team for putting in so much hard work making everything go so smoothly.
Old 25th Sep 2017, 3:20 pm   #11
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Yes even though it was a busy day I felt that stall holders and attendance was down, Mike certainly rattled through the lots though and us porters had a job keeping up. I know that my back isn't thanking me for it today.

Roll on RWB!

Cheers
Old 25th Sep 2017, 5:46 pm   #12
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to this one. It's an hour further drive each way (on a good day) for me now, and the Brynglas tunnel on the M4 at Newport was closed for maintenance which would add at least another half hour detour through Newport, so I decided to give it a miss.

Sorry I wasn't there to help Greg, Lee and the other porters this time, and I hope your back recovers quickly Lee.

I will definitely be at RWB in December though.

Paul Stenning
Old 25th Sep 2017, 6:43 pm   #13
Pamphonica
Nonode

Harpenden seemed a little down on numbers but the Bring & Buy was busy as usual and raised nearly £400 for the Museum, which is a good result. There were some really nice items on it so bargains were there to be had. Kudos to Brian for going along the auction payment queue at the end simply giving away the last few bits of valuable donated equipment!
I came away with a 38-set (AFV version) from the auction. The reason I bought it was that I had already got the power pack and cable at RWB earlier in the year. Nice impulse purchase.
Thanks as usual to the hard-working team on the Stage and elsewhere. Fascinating multi-colour stage lighting scheme - very psychedelic, not to say blinding!!
See you at at Audiojumble or RWB.
Jeremy
Old 25th Sep 2017, 8:22 pm   #14
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The auction results are now on the BVWS website here: http://www.bvws.org.uk/auctions/resu...9-24-harpenden

Paul Stenning
Closed Thread