UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Feb 2023, 5:55 pm   #1
pmmunro
Octode

Default AVO M3004 Digital Multimeter interior view

Could anyone help with an interior view of the area around the fuse clips of this meter please?

This was the most basic of a range of similar models and may be different from the more fully equipped versions.

PMM
Old 9th Feb 2023, 9:16 pm   #2
factory
Octode

Default Re: AVO M3004 Digital Multimeter interior view

Seems these AVOs are rebranded Gossen Metrahit DMMs, maybe the internal views from these threads will help, some have one or two fuse holders, others have none fitted.

Reply #2 here; https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...35/#msg4079635

Replies #5 #11 #20 here; https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testge...89/#msg2184389

David
Old 2nd Mar 2023, 9:50 pm   #3
pmmunro
Octode

David,

Sorry for the very long delay in noticing your reply and thanks for your help.

In the meantime, I have been in touch with AVO (Megger) and was kindly sent the user manual for this meter. I astill haven't found which Metrahit model corresponds, if any.

It seems the M3004 version was designed principally for use by electricians and so has a single 10A current range, both for AC and DC. With 2000 counts, this still gives a resolution of 5 mA, within the basic uncertainty, which probably meets most needs for this kind of use. For this reason, only a single 16A very fast acting fuse is fitted.

It's not a arrangement I've met before which was why I was surprised not to find a second, lower-value fues.

PMM
Old 2nd Mar 2023, 10:41 pm   #4
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

A year or more ago there was a Megger/AVO employee on here who was very keen on creating an archive of all their products.
Not seen him around lately?
Rob
Old 4th Mar 2023, 8:52 pm   #5
The Philpott
Dekatron

Name of Andy Gilham.
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 8:39 pm   #6
pmmunro
Octode

With help from contributors here and AVO at Dover, I now have the information I need.

Moderators, please close the thread.

PMM
Closed Thread