UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Dec 2017, 9:46 pm   #1
Stephen82
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips AG1035 autochanger issue

Hi

I have a Grundig\Philips AG1035 autochanger but it is not working properly. When stacking records I have to keep putting the needle on myself, as the tonearm doesn't put it set on to the record after dropping down. It also doesn't return properly when playing a single record. I know it's a case of adjusting screws, I just don't know what the separate screws do, so am unable to fix it.

Thanks
Stephen
Old 5th Dec 2017, 11:18 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips AG1035 autochanger issue

I'm afraid, these are not the easiest of autochangers to work on. You can download the Service Manual, I soon found one after a quick google search (use Philips not Grundig). It may not just be a case of "adjusting screws", but also a careful removal of old, congealed, grease and re-lubing. Ideally use sewing machine oil and car grease.