UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 13th Apr 2006, 1:04 pm   #21
BassoonBloke
Pentode

Thumbs up Re: Pye Model G Sunrise Radiogram - 1931/2.

Thanks for the info Peter, Hopefully i can something sorted out for my set. At least if i can get hold of a tempoorary transformer i can start to get things going.
Cheers,
Alan.
Old 13th Apr 2006, 2:05 pm   #22
JoshWard
Octode

Default Re: Pye Model G Sunrise Radiogram - 1931/2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmix100
Oh, wht not??

Alvin
To late, already entered for Monday's auction. Josh.
Old 14th Apr 2006, 4:23 pm   #23
stephanie
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Pye Model G Sunrise Radiogram - 1931/2.

There is one of these Pye models - I don't know if it's the table version of this one, or another similar one, that according to one repair account I read; is plauged by the pot-metal control shafts and other parts that eventually crack off or disintegrate.

Apparently this guy had two or three and it took that many to get one working example out of the others - over the course of many nights and a fair amount of swearing.

Sounds like you didn't have any problem with this one.
Closed Thread