UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Nov 2009, 7:52 pm   #1
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Replacement for TV22 lopt

Hi.
I have heard that someone has fitted a lopt from an Ekco TMB272 into a Bush TV22.
Does anyone have any details and how successful was it?
Cheers
Trevor
Old 16th Nov 2009, 8:34 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Replacement for TV22 lopt

Hi Trevor, I've done re-winds on the primaries on these; in most cases the overwind was OK, failing that there is always the tripler trick.

Ed
Old 6th Jan 2010, 11:17 pm   #3
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default Re: Replacement for TV22 lopt

A while ago I measured the parameters of three Bush TV22 mk II line-output transformers during the complete reconstruction of one of these TVs.

The TV22 mkI LOPT is, I believe, electrically identical, although there may be some slight difference in the chassis-mounting arrangements. I suspect the TV22A has a completely different LOPT.

I found the table of these measurements while tidying up some files and decided to post them on the forum as the information may help other members diagnose a fault in one of these components.

I have tabulated the Bush, Trader and actual measurements (averaged from three transformers) for reference. I have never seen the inductances of these windings published, but my resistance measurements and those published seem as close as would be expected. It's therefore probably fair to assume the inductance measurements are also reasonably accurate.

I have no idea what the mutual inductances between the individual coils are, which is of course determined by the spacing between them on the former.

Regards,

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: doc tv22 LOPT data.doc (35.0 KB, 113 views)
Closed Thread