UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Mar 2018, 8:20 pm   #1
Wellington
Hexode

Question eBay rules contravened?

I reported this thread on Sunday because it appeared to be an obvious contravention of the eBay rules - specifically,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Manton View Post
We do not permit any post which could lead to discussion of any eBay item, its listing or vendor.

If a post provides enough information to identify an item listed on eBay, it will be deleted immediately. This includes direct links to the listing, providing enough information to find the item and attaching images carrying the eBay watermark.
(My italics in bold).

In this case, it was pretty easy to find the item under discussion using Google Image search (though, interestingly, that is no longer the case).

The discussion in the thread was innocuous, and I certainly have no beef with any of the contributors, but I'm curious to know how this one slipped through the net. Moderators always seem to be pretty hot (understandably) on this topic.

Last edited by Wellington; 15th Mar 2018 at 8:21 pm. Reason: improvement
Old 15th Mar 2018, 8:28 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: eBay rules contravened?

A few slip through

I suspect the mods don't want to use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Most of these Peter out with little harm.

I received an infraction several years ago for almost an identical post.

I have tried to be more careful since

Cheers

Mike T
Old 15th Mar 2018, 8:38 pm   #3
Station X

Default Re: eBay rules contravened?

If a post contains a picture then it's not too difficult to check whether the item is or has been the subject of an online auction.

Posting a picture is a bit different to including a link to an eBay listing of saying something like "I saw this on eBay".

The mods have to make a judgement call and in this case we decided to let the post stand.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread