UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jul 2006, 6:01 pm   #1
PJL
Dekatron

Default Roberts R200 strap removal.

I can't make out how the strap ends are supposed to come apart. The inside is a soldered washer and pin, but after desoldering, the pin head does not look like it will fit through the hole in the washer. The outer side could be a press fit but I it will not budge.

Does someone know a neat little trick to do this? (otherwise it's out with the hacksaw!)
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 7:03 pm   #2
wireful3
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: How do you get the strap off a Roberts R200?

I had the same problem and found that while the solder was melted it was possible to lever the washer off with a screwdriver. In fact it was much easier than I expected. Have another go as I don't think you need to resort to a hacksaw!.
Once the washer was off then a robust pull of the decorative pin from the outside finished the job.
Hope you have success
Regards
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 7:29 pm   #3
Geoff G4ICD
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL
Does someone know a neat little trick to do this? (otherwise it's out with the hacksaw!)
Just remove ALL the solder on the pin, it will then slide out........

Last edited by Darren-UK; 2nd Sep 2007 at 12:55 pm. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 9:03 pm   #4
PJL
Dekatron

Thanks all, just needed a bit more conviction that I was on the right track...pulling and rotating the pin from the outside did the trick.
Closed Thread