UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Oct 2018, 2:03 pm   #1
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Fluke PM3082 scope question

So I have just bought one of these scopes and it came with a 10:1 probe (fluke pm9010) , does anyone know how to wire this up correctly ?

I couldnt get a signal with it , so I opened it up and it had been cut off right at the compensation box . I have no idea why , maybe its a dead probe but its showing on screen as a 10:1 probe so I dont really see what else could be wrong with it

Inside the cable there are 4 wires , one blue , and one white . I know where they go , but there was also a pair of clear wires, any idea where they are supposed to go ? The dont seem to me connected to the compensation board anywhere , are they just cut off ? I have rewired it with those 2 clear wires cut off and the signal is there but it is very weak , now this is a new scope to me and I have no idea how to operate it , the scope is seeing it as a 10:1 scope , but again the signal is really weak .

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated , it did come with 2 x 1:1 scopes also which are fine , and will work just great for what i use it for , but you know how it is , "it must work" right ..lol

Many thanks for reading my waffle .
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 2:42 pm   #2
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Re: Fluke PM3082 scope question

Its ok I figured it out , you don`t use those wires (clear ones) but they must not be touching ground , cut off just inside the compensation box , the probe is working really well . A bit odd that it was just hacked off at the compensation box like that . Oh well , rewired and working fine now . Nice scope by the way , 4 channel , 100mhz and has measure functions . I like it .
Closed Thread