UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Dec 2011, 4:39 am   #1
oldrover
Retired Dormant Member

Default Marconi Oceanic M3000 find....

I just got a Marconi M3000 (Dansk M3000) communications receiver that has a problem. Where can I find a manual for this receiver? I don't even know where to hook the speaker on the back of the unit except to guess that is on one of the DB series plugs on the back. Receiver lights up, changes frequency, you can hear the passband filters change (in the headphone jack) but no RF seems to be coming through. I don't mind paying for some good reference material either on CD or in paper form (copy ok). I've tried on the internet but nothing yet. Hopefully someone in the world has something. Thanks, Mike.
Old 6th Dec 2011, 11:30 pm   #2
greenkit
Tetrode

Default Re: Marconi Oceanic M3000 find....

I too have an Oceanic with a problem - a random panel display sometimes on power-up, sometimes nothing. I do have a manual that may help you out, but there are many pages! Before scanning anything and to make sure we're talking about the same box, perhaps check the board numbers on the plug-in modules and tell me what they are? For example, my processor board (where I think the fault is) is not the same as what's in the manual; issue 448451 as opposed to 448478, module A8. There has been a memory upgrade / new layout around the CPU. More confusing is the fact that the manual and radio were definitely delivered together, so liberties have been taken somewhere at the packing-up stage.

From your symptoms, I'd examine the PSU & audio module A10 first. The LS audio should be on pins 4 & 5 on D connector J3, to the lower right of the fuseholders on the rear of A10. Pin 4 is strapped to pin 8 internally, pin 5 across to pin 9.

I have asked on a few forums about this receiver - there is some info, but if anyone knows a lot about them they're keeping quiet!

Can I suggest you PM me on the forum with your email contact details?
Old 8th Dec 2011, 2:20 am   #3
oldrover
Retired Dormant Member

Hi, this is Mike here.

I appreciate the info you gave and your response. I'll try your suggestions this weekend. I have pretty much been leaving the radio alone until I get some written info so I can avoid messing something up. Someone is bound to respond with something sooner or later. We should keep in touch.

My direct email is: email.removed@forum-rules.com here in College Station, TX. Where are you located? Email me here and I'll put your info in my address book. If we keep this tread up we may find someone else working on the same problem with more info.

Mike.
Old 8th Dec 2011, 3:02 am   #4
oldrover
Retired Dormant Member

I did some inspection tonight and found the following modules in my Oceanic:

A10 Assembly # 448532
A8 448478
A7 448443
A4 448389
A3 448206
A2 448184
A1 448168

I'll pay for any costs incurred for the manual reprint or file transfers. It appears mine is going to need some work and isn't much good without the manual info, so hopefully your manual will help out. Even if it's not exact I can usually figure out a course of action if I have the basic information. Thanks again for the info. ......Mike, WA5MOE, email at: email.removed@forum-rules.com
Old 8th Dec 2011, 9:36 pm   #5
greenkit
Tetrode

Ok Mike,

Response sent to your email address.

Noel
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 1:15 pm   #6
ea7aqrluis
Retired Dormant Member

Angry Re: Marconi Oceanic M3000 find....

Hello,

I have read on the forum that has a Marconi M3000, I have one and I need the diagram RF transmitter unit prior HF (BLY?) And power (2 X BLX15) if you can send me I would pay the expenses.
Thanks 73
Luis
ea7aqr

HOLA,

He leido en el foro que tiene un Marconi M3000, yo tengo uno y necesito el diagrama del emisor de RF de HF la unidad previo (BLY??) Y POTENCIA (2 X BLX15) si me la puede enviar yo le pagaria los gastos
gracias 73
Luis
ea7aqr
Closed Thread