UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Old Today, 1:46 am   #41
Bill
Tetrode

Default Re: ZN414 and TA7642 radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutteronthebus View Post
My Dad worked at Ferranti's and got me one of the pre production ones in the early 1970's ( I was still at school) I built a matchbox radio with it

Dave L
Co-incidence there then!I was a supervisor in the pre-production assembly area at Gem Mill in those days. We assembled a load of ZN414s for the "Evaluation" department to test. I remember being amazed at the claimed performance of the one chip radio. We did a lot of other stuff then, including various ULAs and street light controller/timers that would work from the mains with just a series resistor to drop the voltage.
Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote