UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2020, 10:42 am   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Fitting drive belts, made easy.

I was inspired to write this ,whilst looking at a thread regarding fitting new drive belts. Some years ago I was shown this trick when fitting a flat drive belt such as on the Grundig TK 14 etc ,it would drop off when part way round , what you do is to tape the belt to the flywheel at the start ,wind the flywheel until you see the tape at the other end ,remove the tape ,job done. Mick.
Old 20th May 2020, 2:36 pm   #2
peterpixel
Pentode

Default Re: Fitting drive belts ,made easy.

Great idea.Way back in the 50s my boss showed me many ways of making the job easier and one of them was using bicycle spokes as pullers and pushers for drive belts.One spoke would have the end bent into a hook to pull the belt and another would have the bend reversed so it could push the belt. By combining the two a belt could be easily manipulated in the depths of the mechanism.I owe that man a lot for his ideas..Peter.
Closed Thread