UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jul 2014, 9:37 am   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default BVWS Punnets Town August 10th

This new event in Heathfield is handy for the likes of Peter [Reeguy] and myself. We are planning to go over. Is anyone else in the loop? I think it's organised by the same person who is involved with the Audiojumbles. Is there anymore info around anywhere. Could be [potentially] a great event as very little is usually happening on the Radio front in this corner of the realm. Given current tropical conditions, it's also not far from a beach!
Members only but I'm sure it will be possible to be signed in for a visit [as happens at Golborne] if joining the Society is not immediately on the cards.
Dave W
Old 24th Jul 2014, 2:55 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS Punnets Town August 10th

To save others looking it up (as I have just done), Heathfield is about halfway between Eastbourne and Tunbridge Wells in East Sussex.
Old 24th Jul 2014, 4:40 pm   #3
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

I would love to go and it is just-about within a reasonable distance for me.
Unfortunately it clashes with the Flight Refuelling Hamfest, an event I have promised to attend to support my club.

It is a shame that there are two good events the same day, but it must be almost impossible to find a day which isnt being used for some event already.
Old 24th Jul 2014, 5:56 pm   #4
audiomagpie
Heptode

I shall be going. It's a swapmeet only, so no auction. It is being organised by John Howes, who also runs the superb bi-annual audiojumble events, so has all the right ingredients to be a most enjoyable day.

BVWS committee chairman
Old 6th Aug 2014, 12:44 pm   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Anybody else heading to Heathfield E Sussex ?
Dave W
Old 6th Aug 2014, 8:20 pm   #6
reelguy
Heptode

Does anyone know the starting time of this event please ?
Peter W....Reelguy.
Old 6th Aug 2014, 8:49 pm   #7
Hoveradio
Pentode

Hi,as far as I know and being a stallholder myself,it is 9.30am for stallholders and 10.00am for general entry.Can probably be confirmed on the BVWS website.
Regards John.
Old 6th Aug 2014, 11:58 pm   #8
murphymad
Heptode

The above times that John has posted are correct.

The BVWS stall with capacitors, plus a large stall of assorted items from the Auction store will be there as well.

Do come and support this new meeting. It will be well worth the drive!

Mike...
Old 7th Aug 2014, 9:08 am   #9
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have added the times to the BVWS website.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 10th Aug 2014, 4:13 pm   #10
dave walsh
Dekatron

Peter [Reelguy] transported us to Punnetts Town from Bexhill. We didn't know what to expect but the car park was pretty full on arrival. A very pleasant event in an excellent location despite a down pour at noon [the sun is out again now] The hall was relatively small but adequate with a good selection of sets components etc on offer plus refreshments on hand. We confined ourselves to magazines, books and records on this occasion but it was all very much worth the effort with a pleasant and genial atmosphere. I was buttonholed by a chap from Crowhurst who had been encouraged by my earlier thread comments to ring up [as a non member] and he was then invited along. I think this is the right policy to encourage possible membership and increase revenue. Perhaps the good attendance reflects a general lack of events down here? I've been a BVWS member for a long time now and it's great [for me] to have Swapmeets near both my Lancs and Sussex addresses.. although I do realise that others are still relatively isolated. I hope that the "Punnets Town Swapmeet" will continue and grow from strengh to strengh!
Dave W
Old 11th Aug 2014, 8:05 pm   #11
Ian B
Hexode

Glad you enjoyed it; as a stallholder so did I.

I was congratulating myself on having sold several items, including two very large and heavy radios when I decided to have a cup of tea and a piece of one of the excellent cakes made by John Howes' wife. I don't know what she puts in them, but I went for another stroll round the hall and ended up by buying another large heavy radio and an incredibly heavy Columbia record player (the kind you plug into the "gram" socket of a radio) with K3 autochanger. All will-power and the resolve to buy nothing had disappeared! Still, at least it's some different - er - junk!

Would I do it again? - of course!

Ian Blackbourn
Old 11th Aug 2014, 10:28 pm   #12
dave walsh
Dekatron

In a way, I think that sums up the spirit of all these events Ian-whether BVWS or not! I think it's now safe to say that the gentleman from Crowthorne was very impressed. He rang me today to say that he joined the BVWS in the end. A bit of a win win all round I think.
Dave
Old 15th Aug 2014, 11:33 pm   #13
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

As the person who sold Ian Blackborn the Columbia K3 Record Deck and a fellow stall holder, I would like to say what a good day everyone had there.

Despite the inclement weather in the early morning and around noon, most people had a very good day. Like Ian I managed to sell a few sets, but came home with three new ones, all part of the fun!

I think that a very big thank you is in order for John Howes and his family who all worked so hard to get this new venue up and running.

Attached is a photograph of my table which was not as well stocked as many others!

Trevor.S.Trangmar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Stall At Punnetts Town.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	96248  
Old 16th Aug 2014, 9:24 am   #14
Hoveradio
Pentode

Hello,as Trevor has just said in the previous post it was a very enjoyable day and it was a first time stall out for me.Well organised by John Howes and family.I sold a reasonable amount of stuff and would like to do it again next year. Here is a photo of me behind stall about half way through the day. Regards John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140814_173432.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	96249  
Closed Thread