UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Apr 2013, 10:57 am   #1
Aerodyne
Octode

Default Radiophile, Cowbit, Wetwood, Sambrook etc

Notes for your diary

Having just spoken to Chas, I can now confirm the next Cowbit 'Radiophile' meeting as being Sunday 28th April. Stalls are available at a low cost, and entries for the auction are welcome. For those not familiar with Cowbit, the village lies a little way from Spalding. For directions if needed, email or PM me. It is usually a very pleasant event and I look forward to seeing any member of Golborne on the day. If you don't know me (no reason why you should) ask Chas or one of his assistants to point me out.

Wetwood - the 23rd June is the fixed date for this venue. It will be a large auction and is already quite full in terms of lots so if you intend to enter an item for sale, the better choice of auction would be Cowbit.

Sambrook Summer Special: the likelihood of this going ahead depends upon the interest shown. To make it viable, Chas will need at least ten stalls and also needs volunteers to help with setting up and clearing. If you are minded to take a stall or can help, please telephone Chas.

In fact, for any further details about any of the meetings mentioned here, telephone Chas on 01785 284696. I know he will be pleased to hear from you.
The next issue of 'The Radiophile' is close to completion now and it is hoped it will arrive through your letterbox before Cowbit.

Tony
Old 4th Apr 2013, 5:57 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Radiophile, Cowbit, Wetwood, Sambrook etc

I have added they two confirmed dates to the forum calendar with links to this thread. Once Sambrook is confirmed I'll add that too.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 27th Apr 2013, 12:23 pm   #3
Aerodyne
Octode

Re the latest Radiophile: Chas has asked me to let people know that the magazine is to be sent directly from the printers - he's supplied labels to them for this purpose - and he assumes that the magazines should be delivered before today (Saturday). In my case, this hasn't happened but I've not been able to contact Chas since he left a message on my answer machine. Perhaps the printers have been tardy in sending the magazines? Who knows, but perhaps we can assume they are 'in the post' so to speak.
Tony
Old 27th Apr 2013, 4:24 pm   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Unfortunately I cannot make Cowbit (friends arriving) but will try to get to one of the others; 2013 calendar is heading for overflow, though.
Old 27th Apr 2013, 10:50 pm   #5
rharness
Tetrode

Hi, can anyone attend at Cowbit, are there any admission charges and where in Cowbit is it held.
Old 28th Apr 2013, 5:40 pm   #6
Aerodyne
Octode

Obviously too late for this time around, but for future meetings: anyone can attend. There's a low admission price and refreshments - sandwiches, cakes, tea and coffee, are provided at low cost too. Cowbit is a smallish village in the Fens a few miles from Spalding. The meetings are held in the village hall which stands close by the old main road, a few tens of yards from the church. Bypassed now by a long stretch of new road, the old road can be accessed from the Peterborough direction by travelling via Crowland. The venue is easy to find but does slope down from the road level. Easiest is to park in the lay-by near the church and then walk the short distance to the gravelled parking area leading to the village hall entrance.
Next Cowbit will be in September. When I can find the date I'll post it here. It is always in 'The Radiophile' but as the magazine often runs a little late, by the time it is read the meeting has been and gone.
Nice atmosphere, friendly and not too crowded.
Tony
Old 28th Apr 2013, 9:02 pm   #7
rharness
Tetrode

Hi, thanks for that. I did manage to attend but seemed to be a bit late as there was an auction in progress and didn't seem appropriate to be able to look around. I assume you have to be there fairly early and look round before the auction begins.

Robert
Old 29th Apr 2013, 8:30 pm   #8
Aerodyne
Octode

I can now reveal - roll on the drums, please - that the next Cowbit Radiophile 'exposition' (i.e. meeting/auction) is set for the 22nd September. The date is given in the latest issue. I repeat - all are welcome, no club cards needed. Entry fee is £2.50 I believe, plus a small charge for an auction catalogue if you wish to have one. I hope to be there, of course.
Tony
Old 2nd May 2013, 9:13 am   #9
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have added this to the forum calendar. Do we have a date for Sambrook yet?

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 4th Mar 2014, 9:21 pm   #10
greenstar
Octode

I wonder if there are any dates for 2014?
Old 4th Mar 2014, 11:40 pm   #11
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

The Xmas Radiophile edition listed a January workshop at Sambrook [lovely place].

Auction with stalls at Gnosall 23/3/14

Exposition at Cowbit [Provisional] 27/4/14

Auction with stalls at Gnosall 18/5/14

All Radiophile events open to everyone!

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 5th Mar 2014 at 12:01 am.
Old 6th Mar 2014, 12:19 am   #12
Courtney Louise
Octode

nothing at wetwood :-(
Old 6th Mar 2014, 9:56 pm   #13
greenstar
Octode

Dave, I guess that's Gnosall, Staffs - village hall? What sort of time?
Cheers,
Tony
Old 6th Mar 2014, 10:16 pm   #14
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Yes but my dyslexia had it as Gosnall at first Tony. I don't get to any of these due to other comittments and only have the info from my mag subscription. Nothing about Wetwood GS. Others may help! I went to Sambrook auctions years ago and also the ones at Shifnal I don't think the Gnosall venue will be hard to locate. At a guess, it will be a 10-30 start or thereabouts!
Dave W

PS The Radiophile Workshop thread down below this one suggests Workshops for February and (9th March]

Last edited by dave walsh; 6th Mar 2014 at 10:31 pm.
Closed Thread