UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Dec 2007, 8:37 pm   #1
neil29
Heptode

Default bvws info.

Hi all. just as a matter of interest. can someone let me know if you get a membership card,or whatever when you join the bvws.as i joined on sunday and wondered exactly how long it may take, and as i said what proof you receive.to say that you are a member. cheers neil.
Old 5th Dec 2007, 9:15 pm   #2
Tom_I
Heptode

Default Re: bvws info.

Yes, you do get a membership card. I joined in a January, and I seem to remember it took several weeks before a card came in the post.

At BVWS events they will always have up-to-date membership lists, so if you haven't got a card with you, I don't think it would be a problem.

Tom
Old 6th Dec 2007, 9:01 am   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Tom is correct. Membership cards are normally posted out in February, but you don't need one to get into a BVWS event. They will have a membership list and can check easily. You might want to take some other form of ID (driver's licence photo card) though they probably won't need it.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 6th Dec 2007, 7:16 pm   #4
neil29
Heptode

Ok.thanks tom,paul.
Old 26th Feb 2008, 12:25 pm   #5
masteradio
Retired Dormant Member

Hi all,

The Membership cards have not been sent out as yet.

They will now be sent out in March.

The reason for this is that I will not have received them from the printers untill late this week, so you would not receive them in time for Harpenden.

There will be people on the door to check you that you are a paid up member.

If you have not renewed yet you will be able to do that on the day before the start of the auction at 10.30 am.

Please be patient with us, we will be as quick as possible.
Old 26th Feb 2008, 1:41 pm   #6
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Due to circumstance, I'm hardly ever at home [in the North] when a membership card arrives but then I don't get to BVWS events [not yet anyway]. By the same token I am usually very tardy [but consistent] re payment of subs. We get there in the end! I'm sure we are all gratefull for the work done volountarily by Graham and the rest of the "cabinet" that keeps the wheels turning. Not surprisingly, new members might be concerned about getting access and this question comes up from time to time. Should Paul's advice be some sort of a sticky I wonder?
I got the impression [perhaps wrongly] that there might have been concerns about "intruders" ten or twelve years ago but are there still people who try to blag their way in these days? I think that I would probaly be ok without ID anyway as people tend to remember Ramsbottom... or would that work against me? Dave W
Old 29th Feb 2008, 9:02 pm   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have just added the auction catalogue Harpenden this Sunday to the BVWS website. Click the big link on the front page (it's a PDF file).

Paul Stenning
Old 1st Mar 2008, 6:05 pm   #8
x72
Tetrode

Is the timetable here: http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.htm still valid? i.e. 10:00 start, 13:30 auction start?
The link to Harpenden Halls site, from the above link, seems to be broken. Should it be http://www.leisureconnection.co.uk/c...blic_hall.html ?
How difficult is it to park nearby, if arriving a bit late?
Regards,
Graham
Old 1st Mar 2008, 7:05 pm   #9
Tom_I
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by x72 View Post
How difficult is it to park nearby, if arriving a bit late?
There is on-street parking around the Public Halls. You might be lucky.....

If not there's a car park in Amenbury Lane, just across the road. It's free on a Sunday. Map and photo below. Public Halls ringed in red, car park in green.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harp2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	15594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harp3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	15595  
Old 1st Mar 2008, 8:36 pm   #10
Tom_I
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by x72 View Post
Is the timetable here: http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.htm still valid? i.e. 10:00 start, 13:30 auction start?
The info I have says viewing from 9:30, auction starts 10:30.
Old 1st Mar 2008, 9:22 pm   #11
newlite4
Octode

I am here in Luton near the airport staying over with my brother and his wife and kids. It is tricky to get to and from Luton at the moment because of roadworks but I aim to be at Harpenden at 9-00 for "lotting in" ready for viewing at 9-30.
Bringing: neons for GMB and TVDen and car mag with Citroen DS feature for MikeP.
I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Neil
Old 1st Mar 2008, 10:04 pm   #12
dominicbeesley
Octode

Hello,

I hadn't spotted this thread so started another!

Does anybody actually know when the auction actually will kick off. I'll be mighty upset to go a 400 mile round trip for nothing! I'm banking on it being at 1.30

Dom
Old 1st Mar 2008, 10:15 pm   #13
Dickie
Octode

Leaflets in the winter bulletin say viewing from 0930, sale starts promptly at 10.30.

Richard, BVWS member
Old 1st Mar 2008, 10:59 pm   #14
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have updated the relevant page to clarify this. The times shown are for the swapmeet events, not the auction/AGM event.

Paul Stenning
Closed Thread