UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Oct 2005, 6:17 pm   #1
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Vortexion - identification/schematics

Hi,

Since I should soon be able to collect and start work on this fine machine I have a feeling a schematic might come in handy. I'm not entirely sure which exact model it is, beyond 'W.V.B' and 'not one of the earliest ones' - I've uploaded a large (300k, sorry) picture to my webspace, http://www.technogoths.demon.co.uk/t...texion-wvb.jpg

I'd be interested in other Vortexion schematics too; partly as I harbour a longstanding desire to own a C.B.L.; and partly as there's a mad idea brewing involving making my own valved multitrack machine (probably 1/2" 8-track.) This might end up loosely based on eight lots of Vortexion record/playback electronics (constructed from scratch in 19" rack cases); and would also involve finding a suitably vintage 1/2" transport that will take 10.5" NAB reels and run at 15ips. (Any suggestions welcome for this, too. Offers of dead, complete and free vintage multitrack machines would also be welcome but I doubt anyone's giving them away these days...)

Regards, Kat
Old 4th Oct 2005, 4:21 pm   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Vortexion - identification/schematics

Hi,

If Vortexion schematics are a bit thin on the ground I'll add it to a growing list of circuits I'll trace and draw up in CAD software. It keeps me busy

Regards, Kat
Old 4th Oct 2005, 8:00 pm   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

shame that, a umknownj multitrack went under the hammer for under £100 I was tempted myself, would you like me to keep an eye out for you? I will have a look for my diagrams as I have the ones for the WVA and WVB as well as the CBL5
Old 4th Oct 2005, 10:53 pm   #4
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

I have just found the VBA Mk 4 diagram, send me a PM with your email if you want it, the file is 200Kb's
Closed Thread