UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Sep 2005, 7:00 pm   #1
Alvin
Heptode

Default Brenell MK 5 may be up for grabs

Part of an auction job lot I might be bidding on tomorrow Sat Oct 1st is A Brenell MK5 which I don't want so would anyone be interested in it if I'm the successful bidder? Probably not many pounds to a good home if collected from the auction house by Tuesday evening or a few pounds more for my effort if I have to lug the heavy beast home on the train to NW London.....of course I could always abandon it along with the electric kettle, frying pan and other junk in the lot but it'd be a shame if someone here wants it.

I'll post a message here tomorrow afternoon if I get it but knowing if anyone's interested in it beforehand will help me judge how much to bid on the lot......what are they worth

Alvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brenell.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1586  
Old 30th Sep 2005, 7:49 pm   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Brenell MK 5 may be up for grabs

Hi,

This one on eBay which looks somewhat similar went for £28.77 so they're not completely worthless... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5810780053

Now, I really hope someone else sticks their hand up or I have to start making complex and tricky plans involving getting from Leeds to London and back without use of my car...

Regards, Kat (who probably has enough tape recorders to be getting on with, really...)
Old 1st Oct 2005, 3:46 pm   #3
Alvin
Heptode

Default Re: Brenell MK 5 may be up for grabs

All of academic interest now as there was a strong bidder on the phone against me....I managed to summon up the will to shake my head after I'd gone one bid higher than i originaly intended to....

Alvin
Closed Thread