UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Nov 2005, 1:59 pm   #1
Howard.Pts

Default Sony TC-399 Belts

Hello all, my first posting just stumbled across this forum, really impressed.
I have looked through a few postings and a mention of new belts being fitted I wonder if someone could tell me where I might get some replacement belts for a Sony TC-399, the most important one is the main capstan as it’s stretched and cracked the usual problem, the service manual is in the loft but I can find it if part numbers are required.
Your help is appreciated.

Old 6th Nov 2005, 2:32 pm   #2
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Sony TC-399 Belts

First of all welcome to the forum, hope your as mad as the rest of us there is a gentleman called Colin Braddock, he has supplied people with belts many times, here is a link to follow with his details

http://www.touchblackpool.com/business/list/bid/1621413
Old 6th Nov 2005, 2:54 pm   #3
Howard.Pts

Default Re: Sony TC-399 Belts

Hi reel-to-reel-man many thanks for your reply very nice of you I will do what you suggest, I have joined other technical groups not in the UK and they can be a little unhelpful if you know what I mean??
Regards

Closed Thread