UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Oct 2005, 9:16 am   #1
GrayH
Retired Dormant Member

Default Phillips EL3572a/15....Belts?

Hi,
I'm totally new to this area but I have just been given the above open reel tape deck.
It belonged to my parents and dates from the late 60s/early 70s. I remember it from my childhood!!

Having opened it up it appears to be in working order apart from the "collecter/receiver spool"(?). The head plays ok and the main belt is ok(FF/RW).

It would appear that there should be a small belt from the motor to the spool which has "vanished" with no trace! Also there appeared to be some sort of rubber "clutch"?? mechanism inside the inner spool/plate(it had 4 rubber vanes) and this has also "dissolved"
So the question is, is it possible to source a belt and probably more important the rubber "clutch". Or maybe the whole spool mechanism??
Sorry to ramble but hope someone can help.
Graham
Old 15th Oct 2005, 5:48 am   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Phillips EL3572a/15....Belts?

Hi Graham,
The small belt from motor ,driving the rim of the take up spool is available ,I have them. The rubber inserts for the inner clutch can be made from a variety of sources, an old flat belt, cut to shape & four are not needed three or even two would suffice. Many members have used there own solutions for this problem , as no doubt you will read in the coming days.

If I can help contact me.
Colin
Old 15th Oct 2005, 6:51 pm   #3
GrayH
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Phillips EL3572a/15....Belts?

Hi Colin

Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps you could PM the details for the belt and maybe you could also elaborate on the solution for the inner clutch....there wasnt much left for me to go on.
Thanks again...look forward to hearing from you.
regards
Graham

Moderator message: please use the forum PM system for messages to comply to rules

Last edited by mikelect; 15th Oct 2005 at 7:53 pm. Reason: remove e-mail address & edit
Closed Thread