UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old 25th Aug 2017, 1:18 pm   #101
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Radio Caroline to return on Medium Wave.

The radio transmission ought to be from the ship!!! A bit like taking a shower with yer mack on otherwise.

Lawrence
ms660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2017, 2:33 pm   #102
Junk Box Nick
Heptode

Best ask Ofcom about that!
Junk Box Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2017, 11:04 am   #103
telstar
Heptode

Hi. I attended the event for Radio Caroline and the commemorative stone unveiling on September 9th in Felixstowe, Suffolk. It was a really interesting day which portrayed a "feel-good" factor to it. There was a record and c.d sale, Caroline merchandise and a vintage radio display (various models). There was a Bush VHF64 radio in the entrance (lovely condition!) that played Caroline jingles and music. Also I took a photograph of the commemorative stone, so if people are interested I will upload it on this site?
The event made a good excuse for a holiday and to visit where I once lived between Framlingham & Saxmundham betweenn 1962 & 1967.
Cheers
Mike
telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2017, 1:28 pm   #104
telstar
Heptode

I forget when it was announced that the station would start transmissions again, but it would be soon. Also the event was interesting as I met people with enthusiasm for vintage radio as well as broadcasting. One guy used to work for a vintage radio repair shop in Spring Road, Ipswich (Adams Audio), now long closed.
telstar is offline   Reply With Quote