UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jul 2017, 12:49 pm   #1
Mike Noble
Pentode

Default Roberts R707 volume pot

Hi, I have just acquired a nice R707 but the volume control is intermittent and has not responded to switch cleaner. Anyone have a spare they could part with?
All costs and a reasonable price paid. Thank you
Old 17th Jul 2017, 1:17 pm   #2
canonman75
Pentode

Default Re: Roberts R707 volume pot

If it was mine, I'd be temped to remove the pot, dismantle it, clean it and re-lubricate it.

It's nowhere near as difficult as you might think. There's a good video on Radiocruncher's YouTube channel that explains how it's done.
Old 17th Jul 2017, 1:43 pm   #3
slidertogrid
Heptode

I agree they usually respond to dismantling and cleaning. often the problem is not with the carbon track but with tarnishing of the contacts or inner fixed contact ring. switch cleaner won't shift that.
If your pot is beyond it I do have a scrap 707 chassis. You are welcome to the one from that. It's not tested though as the chassis is incomplete. I suppose you could say it it would be pot luck...
Sorry!
Rich.
Old 17th Jul 2017, 3:43 pm   #4
bobskie
Pentode

You may as well open it up and have a go at fixing it, its broken anyway after all so it can't get any worse. Good luck.
Old 17th Jul 2017, 8:20 pm   #5
Mike Noble
Pentode

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a go at repairing the pot and let you know how I get on.
Mike
Closed Thread