UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2017, 9:08 pm   #1
Vakito227
Pentode

Default Speaker repair service

I recently acquired a vintage Elac speaker which worked well for a time but suddenly one day I turned it on and all I heard was heavy crackling instead of proper sound. The cone is absolutely fine so the problem must lie in the coil. I naively tried taking the speaker apart myself to see if I could rectify the problem and let's just say if the coil may have needed replacing before, it definitely does now!

Does anybody know a service that will professionally repair vintage speakers?

Thanks
Peter
Old 18th May 2017, 1:18 pm   #2
mike_newcomb
Heptode

Default Re: Speaker repair service

Hi Peter, for years these people have been the experts for Speaker Repair and Refurbishment.

http://www.wembleyloudspeaker.com/

Despite their name, the works are on the border between Acton and Shepherds Bush.

Good Luck - Mike
Old 18th May 2017, 4:03 pm   #3
Vakito227
Pentode

Gave them a call and they said they don't repair 5" speakers.
Old 18th May 2017, 7:05 pm   #4
samjmann
Pentode

I used a company called audioloudspeakers.co.uk to repair a KEF bass driver which was open circuit. A few companies I rang didn't seem to repair anything much smaller than 8'' as a rule. Good luck. SJM.
Closed Thread