UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Old 4th Dec 2023, 3:14 pm   #1
Malcolm G6ANZ
Octode

Default Colour CCD camera.

I've been playing around with a pair of JVC cameras.(TK-C721EG) These are small CCD cameras that give quite good results. One of them did not give colour although the black and white was good. Looking on the output on the scope there was no colour burst, hence no colour!
With nothing to loose I took it apart. There are two boards one for the power, its mains driven, and one for everything else. The fault was clear a surface mount cap had fallen apart. It was labelled C105. This translates as 1uF. I didn't have a small one of this value so fitted a 0.1uF leaded type. Reassembled the camera and there was colour burst and a decent colour picture.
I've no idea of the function of this capacitor but a 0.1uF seemed to do the trick.

Malcolm
Malcolm G6ANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2023, 12:11 am   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Colour CCD camera.

Excellent fix. How very helpful of C105 to draw attention to itself like that! I am amazed by the number of times a complete device is rendered effectively useless by the failure of a single component worth perhaps a fraction of a penny. Well done for rescuing yet another item of modern electronics and preventing it entering landfill.

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Phil G4SPZ is offline   Reply With Quote