UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Nov 2017, 4:47 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Digitized 78RPM records.

More from the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/georgeblood

which may be of interest to some of you.
Old 14th Nov 2017, 6:13 pm   #2
bluepilot
Heptode

Default Re: Digitized 78RPM records.

That's an interesting collection of records. Thanks for the link. He uses very large styli. I presume he means mil rather than mm. It's useful that he gives the equalization parameters used. Sometimes I have problems deciding on the best ones to use.

The golden age is always yesterday - Asa Briggs
Old 15th Nov 2017, 11:20 am   #3
PsychMan
Octode

What a lovely little web site! I especially like his setup with multiple arms, I guess you could pick the best sound for a given record, or even combine together some how.

Regarding EQing, fair play to the purists out there who go to such trouble. I simply don't have the time to mess about with such things, nor do I have a decent equaliser to do it.

What I do, and I find is an all round good solution for me, I use a Stanton 500 magnetic cartridge with 3 mil(?) stylus run into a DJ mixer. I simply roll off the highs to tame the surface noise, and boost the mid range.
Old 15th Nov 2017, 2:24 pm   #4
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Purely as a thought-experiment: Just as people 'burn' digital music-downloads to CDs so they can be played on legacy CD-players in cars etc, I wonder if anyone's seriously worked out how to 'burn' compilation 78s from these sorts of downloadable-digital sources?

To get the grooves right you'd need a *very* high-accuracy 3D printer
Closed Thread