UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Jul 2019, 2:03 pm   #1
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default "The Current War" [movie]

"The film presents the story of the "war of the currents" between electricity titans Thomas Edison, and partners George Westinghouse and Nikola Tesla, which determined whose electrical system would power the modern world. "

It was delayed because of various issues with the production/distribution company; will be interesting to see what it's like. I fear a massive degree of 'artistic licence' and "dramatisation" will be involved.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Current_War for more info
Old 19th Jul 2019, 5:03 pm   #2
red16v
Heptode

Default Re: "The Current War" [movie]

Saw the trailer for this at the cinema last night. Like most modern trailers it’s full of fast cutting sequences which left me with no clue as to what the film is actually about. Style over substance.

Its only because I have a clue as to who the chief protagonists are, like a lot of forumers here, that I know what it is likely to be about.
Old 19th Jul 2019, 11:00 pm   #3
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Default Re: "The Current War" [movie]

I saw this advertised on TV recently and will probably go and see it when it comes round to our local. Difficult to work out what was meant to be going on from the advert with numerous clips, but it grabbed my attention with all the old equipment pictured. I think it was going to be released on the 26th July if I remember correctly.
Alan.
Closed Thread