UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jul 2023, 10:35 pm   #21
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: BASF 9301 CrO2 power cable plug

I wonder if Photo 4 of Post 1 of this linked Thread could be compatible with your requirement ?

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=202716

David
Old 7th Aug 2023, 5:39 pm   #22
John1000
Triode

Thank you for your additional suggestions. Having taken the back off the machine and inspected the existing small power socket and associated (surprisingly complex) wiring, I think it's going to be too difficult to get a normal-sized power socket to fit in the space where the old socket was, without a fair bit of cutting the case and glueing bits of plastic to support it, etc. Plus, the wiring may not match the tabs on the new socket. I think this may be the end of the road for the 9301... Maybe I'll keep it and try again some time. Thank you all again, for your help and suggestions.
Old 7th Aug 2023, 7:29 pm   #23
DMcMahon
Dekatron

After I did Post 21, I realised that I had a need for such a cable so purchased it and some other cassette power cables.

When I receive the cable I will post measurements and photos, if you then think that it maybe suitable for the 9301, I will pass it on to you FOC, your need is much more important than mine.

David
Old 7th Aug 2023, 7:43 pm   #24
ben
Dekatron

If all else fails just get a 'wall wart' of the required voltage (off an old router printer or whatever), and wire that directly to the battery terminals.
Old 13th Aug 2023, 9:06 am   #25
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
After I did Post 21, I realised that I had a need for such a cable so purchased it and some other cassette power cables.

When I receive the cable I will post measurements and photos, if you then think that it maybe suitable for the 9301, I will pass it on to you FOC, your need is much more important than mine.

David
I now have the cable in question but alas it is not compatible with your cable when comparing it to your photo in Post 9.

Your cable is smaller than a standard figure of 8, mine is larger as shown in the attached photo.

Width between the pins is 12mm as opposed to 8mm on the figure of 8, overall width at connector end is 18mm as opposed to 16mm for the figure of 8.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	283224  
Old 13th Aug 2023, 4:14 pm   #26
John1000
Triode

David - thanks for trying, re the plug. Much appreciated.
Ben - interesting idea. I'll have a look at the battery terminals. I have lots of transformers, so will certainly have one with the right output.
Everyone - many thanks.
Old 11th Sep 2023, 1:37 pm   #27
John1000
Triode

Would anyone like the 9301, complete with its original box and papers, for free? I've owned it from new. Maybe you could get it going easier than I can? It's available for collection from DG20JQ (Dumfries, SW Scotland).
Old 11th Sep 2023, 2:30 pm   #28
John1000
Triode

Here are some photos of it with its box, manual etc. I've also listed it in "Offered" forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BASF set2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	284806   Click image for larger version

Name:	BASF back.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	284807  
Old 11th Sep 2023, 5:29 pm   #29
ben
Dekatron

I have a scrap unit, if anyone needs any parts! (No power cable, before anyone asks)
Closed Thread