UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2020, 7:17 pm   #1
Bookman
Hexode

Default TEAC 1230 Capstan Drive Belt reference data

For the purpose of historical reference I wish to provide Capstan Drive belt data for a TEAC 1230 3 motor Reel to Reel Player.
Having searched endlessly for what seems eons I was forced into the removal of an old belt before I could provide details to a prospective supplier. The belt I removed is slightly larger* but I purchased a 111mm diameter/350mm internal circumference 6mm flat belt item number 14 from gbaudio.co.uk.
The price was £10.00 delivered (next day).
Removal and replacement is relatively straightforward. There is a rear cover held by 6 set screws which must be removed before access to the interior can be made.
One will then note a metal plate secured by two similar sized screws located behind the capstan flywheel and drive shaft. Removal of the screws will allow removal of the plate.

Dexterity will determine if the belt can be manipulated over the capstan drive motor shaft pulley. In my case I did not remove the three motor securing screws but slackened them off to provide more space between the pulley and front fascia.
There is a greasing pad that is screwed to the back of the plate located to the rear of the flywheel alluded to. Once the plate is in position it is located behind the flywheel bronze (or equivalent) rear sleeve assembly and as such I applied new grease before refitting.
Suggested process time I would suggest is 15 minutes.

* is used to denote “could have stretched”
Old 14th Aug 2020, 5:24 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: TEAC 1230 Capstan Drive Belt reference data

Useful info on the gbaudio site.
Closed Thread