UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jan 2005, 10:37 pm   #1
coredump
Triode

Default Couple of odd connectors available

Just had a rummage in a box of electronic junk that I put together waaay back in my teenage years... Anyway, two tape recorder connectors that may be useful to someone, both are offered for free and I can post them within the UK (no international shipping please).

First, a two-pin plug by Hirshmann. The pins are 4mm in diameter and 18mm long, spaced 19mm apart. The body of plug is flat, made of hard plastic and cream in colour. One pin is marked with a red dot.

Secondly, a DIN-like plug labelled "Protona Minifon". It has nine pins, arranged in an unusual (non-DIN) pattern of three rows of three. A bit of searching revealed that the Protona Minifon was a 1950s wire recorder, nominally a dictating machine but also a "spy recorder"! None of the web sites show a close-up of the plug, but they do show a microphone disguised as a wristwatch.

Any takers?

I also found a couple of radio parts, which I'll post in the radio section.
Old 30th Jan 2005, 8:16 pm   #2
Stewart
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Couple of odd connectors available

Hello there,

I'm quite keen to have the 2 pin Hirsrhmann plug if it's still available. I have collection of Philips reel to reel recorders that use these extensively. I'll send you a PM.

Regards,
Stewart
Closed Thread