UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jan 2020, 11:35 am   #1
Sinewave
Octode

Default Modern Anglepoise style desk lamps

Since my workbench lamp broke I've been struggling with a head torch and a hand held. When I was in Ikea I saw a few lamps which caught my eye, I bought one of these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/forsa-w...reen-50321428/

It's so good and has made such a difference that I went back for another and also came back with one of these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tertial...reen-30447221/

The latter one I think is much better, so I'll go back for another.

My previous lamp which got broken was one of those U shaped fluorescent tubes which had quite a cool white light to it. Ikea do a range of E14 and E27 LED bulbs in either 2700k which is a very traditional warm, or they have a 5000k which is that cool white, so they go from one extreme to another with nothing inbetween. I'd have liked to have seen a 3000k bulb there, but the 5000k is good for the close up work when reading drawings and soldering.
Old 9th Jan 2020, 12:02 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Modern Anglepoise style desk lamps

I bought an almost identical version of the second one from Habitat over 25 years ago. It may even have come from the same supplier - it certainly takes a continental ES lamp, which was unusual in the UK market at that time. It's still in regular use.
Old 9th Jan 2020, 1:07 pm   #3
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

I've got one the same as the second linked one from must be nigh on 30 years ago which I use with the drill press (and an old fashioned filament type globe that must be nearly as old).

It came with a very heavy flat metal base to stand it in.
Old 9th Jan 2020, 1:10 pm   #4
paulsherwin

Mine has a clamp of exactly the same design.
Old 11th Jan 2020, 9:45 am   #5
greenstar
Octode

I have a clip on spot light - no stand, just lamp holder and big clip - that's very handy as I can move it to wherever I am working and clip it to a shelf or rafter etc. Came from a sale. A few of them on ebay.
Old 11th Jan 2020, 6:19 pm   #6
McMurdo
Dekatron

b&q do a version called ISAAC, in a variety of retro enamel colours