UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Mar 2019, 2:12 pm   #1
greenstar
Octode

Default Gecophone BC1001 aka No 1 crystal set label scan

I am posting this here with thanks to Richard (Dickie) who sent me the label, so it is now available on the net.
The scan seems to have given it a purplish tinge, whereas the one I have is a light brown due to the paper it is printed on. I am sure this can be rectified easily, but I refrain from tinkering with it as the original colour of labels seems to vary - this one was a repro printed on brown paper, some clearly original seem very white. I think I will take it to the copy shop and have a couple copied onto light card.
This one is about 186mm by 111mm although my scan does not print out at that size ... another mystery. But it almost the exact right size to go in the lid.
Also of course this one is for the earlier open detector type sets which apparently can be identified by the presence of a bracket to hold spare detector cups, or at least the screw holes that it leaves behind.
Best regards to all,
Tony
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gecophone BC1001 label.pdf (874.4 KB, 61 views)
Closed Thread