UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2013, 6:14 pm   #21
raditechman
Heptode

Default Re: Harpenden BVWS 24th February

I bought a few valves, some valveholders and one radio a Bush VHF61. (Which I re-capped today).
It was cool in the hall, and not so many tables but it was a very cold day. As it was cold I went out to get a good lunch and then head for home.
John
Old 26th Feb 2013, 11:31 am   #22
Alvin
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunts smoothing bomb View Post
I must say that I wasnt greatly impressed with the quality of the food (sausages anyway)
or heating, it was freezing in that hall yesterday.
I feasted on kangaroo burger at the excellent farmers market held in the town on the 4th Sunday each month (sadly the June & September swap meets don't coincide - any chance future events could be so arranged?) and came home laden with all manner of tasty goodies.

I wasn't aware of the low temperature in the hall but then I kept moving and wasn't sitting around waiting for auction lots to come up......or maybe it was the very hot chilli chutney I'd sampled at the market that kept me glowing!!

Alvin
Old 26th Feb 2013, 1:28 pm   #23
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

I spent far less than I usually do, only collecting two more radios and a small 'scope for a pal.

I found the food about average (but nowhere near as good as at WB).

The heating (or lack of) was another matter.
For much of the day it was probably warmer outside.

Like Lee (Hunts smoothing bomb) I had a lousy drive home, due to acidents and road closures. Made it a long day.
Closed Thread