UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Apr 2011, 9:49 pm   #1
anachronism
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sunbeam Model 12 Mixmaster

My mom has a Model 12 from 1981, it has recently decided to run on only one speed, I took the rear cover off and cleaned all of the flour and old food debris out, however, it still only has one speed. From what I have gleaned from the internet, it MIGHT be the capacitor. Anyone on here have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 6:48 pm   #2
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Sunbeam Model 12 Mixmaster

Im sure someone here will be able to help
Old 1st May 2011, 10:02 am   #3
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

I have a Kenwood mixer and the speed control in that is via, I think, a triac. I suppose it's a bit like a dimmer switch on lighting circuits. I guess that if your Sunbeam is similar it might be a short circuit device. Good luck with it.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:10 am   #4
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

We really need to see what sort of motor it has - if it's an induction motor speeds can only be changed by changing the number of poles.
Later Kenwoods did indeed use a triac but earlier ones used a mechanical speed changing device.
Don't know about the Sunbeam.