UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2006, 12:10 pm   #1
Michael Maurice

Default Akai 3000D

I just purchased this machine off e y.

I thought the 3000D was a valved machine, but it is a very early transistorised one with plug in amplifiers.

All the switches needed cleaning, the counter belt was replaced, the main capstan belt could do with replacing but otherwise is working.

The owner at one stage cut the mains cable short, to keep it original does anyone have any old three core, red, black and green, cable?

Which of these tape decks was valved?
Old 8th Oct 2006, 4:12 pm   #2
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Akai 3000D

The last valed Akai reel to reel as far as I know was the Aki M8, the M9 looks the same but with transistors, see

Akai M-8

Akai M-9

The mains cable I have not got, your best removing it from inside the mahcine and placing a complete new cable in, though I like keeping things as whey should, you do not really look at the mains cable.
Closed Thread