UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Oct 2006, 9:39 pm   #1
Andrew
Retired Dormant Member

Smile Belts for a Phillips 3302

Hi there! I'm trying to get a Phillips 3302 going; I've 2 of them, BOTH needing belts! Any suggestions as to where these can be bought would be appreciated! Am new to this forum, so might not have put this in quite the right place; if so, sorry!
Old 8th Oct 2006, 12:08 am   #2
Stewart
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Belts for a Phillips 3302

Welcome to the forum! Fear not, your post seems to be in just the right place!

You are unlikely to obtain original belts for this (1968?) model now...and even if you could find some new old stock they are likely to suffer from the problem that curses all Philips belts..and be well on their way to turning to a gooey tar!

Your best bet is to source a similar sized belt from a supplier like CPC in Preston...they are a mail order supplier and you can select from their web site.

They offer a fair range and you will need to determine 1) the size of the square cross section required (1.0 - 1.2 mm at a guess) and 2) the diameter. The diameter can be estimated by feeding a piece of cord around the belt path, opening it out against a rule and divding by 3.14 It is wise to get several belts around the diameter calculated so you can select the one that offers just the right tension.

If you need a copy of the service manual let us know!

Good luck!
Old 8th Oct 2006, 12:29 am   #3
Michael Maurice

The belts you need are 1.2mm diameter square, you'll have to measure them to find out the circumpherence but Cricklewood electronics 020 8452 0161 stocks a good range and are closer to your home.
Old 8th Oct 2006, 9:44 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hi,

The belts I use are 1.2mm square section. The small one is 21mm diameter and the large one is 71mm diameter. In case it is of help, the Philips part numbers for these two are: small 4822 358 30077 and large 4822 358 30152.

I get mine from SEME Nedis Ltd of Melton Mowbray (a TV, video and "white" goods spares distributor). However, I guess that these belts all originate from one manufacturer, so you should be able to get the same types from CPC of Preston, Willow Vale of Birmingham or Charles Hyde of Pocklington.

I have used them successfully in the EL3300, 3301, 3302, N2202, 2203, etc. They all have the same basic mechanism.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Old 12th Oct 2006, 4:20 am   #5
Andrew
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlevision View Post
Hi,

The belts I use are 1.2mm square section. The small one is 21mm diameter and the large one is 71mm diameter. In case it is of help, the Philips part numbers for these two are: small 4822 358 30077 and large 4822 358 30152.

I get mine from SEME Nedis Ltd of Melton Mowbray (a TV, video and "white" goods spares distributor). However, I guess that these belts all originate from one manufacturer, so you should be able to get the same types from CPC of Preston, Willow Vale of Birmingham or Charles Hyde of Pocklington.

I have used them successfully in the EL3300, 3301, 3302, N2202, 2203, etc. They all have the same basic mechanism.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Thanks for your help! I'll contact the suppliers & see how I get on!
Old 12th Oct 2006, 4:22 am   #6
Andrew
Retired Dormant Member

Many thanks for your (and everyone else's) advice! WHAT A GREAT FORUM-IT WORKS!
Closed Thread