UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Old Yesterday, 2:28 pm   #21
Richard_FM
Hexode

Default Re: Is there any interest in old VCRs

My parents bought me an SLV-E730 in 1999 for my 21st birthday & it still works just fine.
Old Yesterday, 2:32 pm   #22
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio263 View Post
Have I missed any more good 'uns?
Surely the HR-7200 (3V29) is a classic? Robust, easy to maintain, very predictable fault pattern, good performance for an "entry level" machine, and they were everywhere until about 20 years ago, in various guises, often enjoying a new lease of life as ex-rental stock in student digs etc.

Both original and pattern (e.g. Konig) parts seemed readily available at very competitive prices until not too long ago, and you could pick up a good fixer-upper for 10 or so at most boot sales.

Last edited by Nickthedentist; Yesterday at 2:41 pm.
Nickthedentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:15 pm   #23
McMurdo
Dekatron

I pulled a nice Panasonic out of a skip back in the summer. Nothing wrong with it and the tape inside was fine too. I think it was an NV-F65 or similar. I pulled the SMPSU out to check the pesky capacitors and found they'd been done.

Must've been quite a dear buy when new. I have put it into stock. I am interested in them when they work and they're a decent make!
Old Yesterday, 3:24 pm   #24
dazzlevision
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickthedentist View Post
Surely the HR-7200 (3V29) is a classic? Robust, easy to maintain, very predictable fault pattern, good performance for an "entry level" machine.
I agree and have two in my VHS VCR collection. One is a Ferguson 3V29 and the other, is a Telefunken VR520, with VHF and UHF band coverage, but for UK System I transmissions (made for the Irish market, I expect). The instruction booklet is in English.

I laid in a stock of "clearance" genuine JVC parts several years ago, so I hope to keep them fully operational for many years. Top loader decks have less to go wrong and there are far fewer plastic parts to disintegrate.
dazzlevision is offline   Reply With Quote