UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Old 27th Dec 2022, 5:59 pm   #1
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Canon Ixus 185 spare battery protector.

I know a few of you have at one time or another bought Canon Ixus 185 compact cameras, especially when they have been on offer from one of the German owned discount supermarkets.

Although the battery life is remarkably good, there have been occasions when I have been using mine all day and managed to run the battery down so I bought a spare. However, I really don't like carrying charged batteries around in my pockets along with car keys etc, so I set about looking for a protective carrying case for the battery.

As it turns out the sort of flat plastic case which CF cards and SD cards used to come in are a nearly perfect fit for the Canon NB-11L (or equivalent) batteries used in the Ixus 185, although you will have to snip out the internal supports which were originally meant to keep the CF or SD card centred within the case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canon_Ixus_185_BattHolder.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	270419  
SiriusHardware is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2023, 4:01 pm   #2
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: Canon Ixus 185 spare battery protector.

Replacement batteries do come in a protective case.
Old 8th Jan 2023, 4:56 pm   #3
paulsherwin

Default Re: Canon Ixus 185 spare battery protector.

It depends - the cheap Chinese ones I buy on eBay don't
paulsherwin is online now   Reply With Quote