UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2020, 7:17 pm   #1
Bigmike1958
Tetrode

Default Ferguson movie star tv 3755

I’ve just had this tv Ferguson movie star does anyone know how I can adjust the focus and the red colour is a bit orange what colour gun need adjusting does anyone have pictures of inside set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CDF57C8F-65E6-4C37-8BB5-079D4C55E0FC.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	222342  
Old 12th Dec 2020, 4:35 pm   #2
its ur aerial
Hexode

Default Re: Ferguson movie star tv 3755

Its a Ferguson TX9 Chassis, the focus pot is on the LOPT, and as for reducing the red content, if I remember correctly there are six upright pots in the middle of the Chassis, three are coloured Red, Blue, and Green and immediately next to each one is a identical pot, but black in colour, now to be honest I cant remember which ones to adjust, I think its the R,G,and B ones, but some one will no doubt tell you correctly, any way, turn down the colour and contrast to zero, and adj the R,G, and B pots to get a mono picture with out any tint, if you cant achieve the required Gray scale, it could possible be the CRT is low emission on one of the Guns, after all it must be close to 40 years old.
When they were in common use, they were a reliable set, and I cant recall having one with a fault in the RGB video out put circuit.
You may also need to adj the A1 volts, again its a distant memory, but I think the A1 control is a white coloured pot is near the base of the LOPT, but no doubt some one will remember more than me.

Ken, G6HZG.

Last edited by its ur aerial; 12th Dec 2020 at 4:40 pm. Reason: Gramor
Old 12th Dec 2020, 8:26 pm   #3
AndiiT
Octode

Hi, just be aware that this set uses the TX9 chassis and any metal work that is exposed when the rear of the set is removed will be at half mains voltage which means that you need to exercise extreme care when adjusting any of the internal controls.

Regards

Andrew
Old 12th Dec 2020, 9:51 pm   #4
its ur aerial
Hexode

The Chassis is at half mains potential as with the most TV`s of that era, if your not competent , leave well alone, even half mains can kill.
Nearly got me once !

Ken G6HZG.