UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Apr 2018, 10:10 pm   #41
leslie5555
Heptode

Default Re: Fidelity HF 43 Record Player

If your not happy taking the cartridge apart you could send it to me and I will try to bring it back to life. I think there's a good chance that its still working, I've yet to come across one of these that is completely dead. I will pm you my address if your interested.
Old 30th Apr 2018, 6:13 pm   #42
Righton!
Triode

Hi there. Thank you so much for your offer. I will attempt to at least clean the pins and see if that will make a difference. Will definitely be in touch if I need help. Thanks so much once again. Very kind of you.
Old 2nd May 2018, 11:13 pm   #43
leslie5555
Heptode

Mark sent me his BSR X5M cartridge to see if I could get it working and after dismantling and cleaning it's now in good working order again, I have done quite a few of these and this was the worst one I have come across and even I wasn't sure if I could save it. the pics show before and after, so now once I send it back to Mark hopefully he will be able to get his HF43 up and running.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	162188   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	162189  
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:30 am   #44
Righton!
Triode

Thats great Leslie!. Amazing work!. Thank you so much
Old 20th May 2018, 4:13 pm   #45
Righton!
Triode

Hi there. I'm very pleased to say that the Fidelity HF43 is up, running and playing well ☺. Having a lot of fun spinning some old 45's at the moment. Thank you so much to everyone who commented and helped me out with your knowledge and advice. Thank you so much also to Leslie 5555 for sorting out the cartridge for me too, sounds great. Much appreciated everyone! ☺.
Old 16th Jun 2018, 9:35 pm   #46
jpalancaster
Diode

There is something so satisfying about getting a player like this up and running again, much better than junking it. Well done to all concerned, this was a really interesting thread to read. I have an HF35 and the X5H cart on it is still AOK, amazingly. Well done!
Closed Thread