UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2013, 6:35 pm   #21
gavinmorgan
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: DECCA Type 88 Monitor / Chassis HELP!! please

I am rather confused now ....

which chassis is this then ?

and does anybody have a schematic and an idea of where I might
source a replacement part.

All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Gavin
Old 16th Apr 2013, 1:11 pm   #22
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi there
Right - what you have there is a Decca 92 series chassis. I've got a rather poor service manual in front of me. I assume the fault is in the power supply. It uses, rather unusually, a TDA2581 control IC and a Darlington switcher (TR605, BUW81A) with a BSR59 driver (TR604). These latter two transistors can cause trouble and should be replaced together, along with C631 (2n2, 2kV) and any other silicon that's been killed. It's a fairly complex circuit by more recent standards, but I don't recall any problems with the transformer which, by the way, does have the part number you quote.
I think you'll have your work cut out finding a transformer for this set so it's important you are sure it has failed. The 70/72 chassis used a similar circuit but, as it was for a portable, had a different transformer.
I could try scanning the diagram but I suspect it won't come out well as it's already a photocopy.
Glyn
Old 16th Apr 2013, 1:32 pm   #23
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi
Here's a scan of the PSU which should be just about readable. If not PM me your email and I can send you a higher-res copy.
Glyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1104 (Small).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	78711  
Old 17th Apr 2013, 10:25 am   #24
gavinmorgan
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Glyn,