UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Dec 2017, 2:29 am   #1
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Ge DC Amp working at 1.5V

Many years ago, Heathkit produced a GDO using a tunnel diode oscillator and I want to build a copy. This used a three-transistor meter-amplifier, using TI363 and 2N407 Ge transistors, with a supply voltage of only 1.5V; circuit attached. Needless to say, those devices are pretty rare now, so I'm wondering what I could use as alternatives. My limited stock of Ge transistors is mainly OC71's, OC81's and a few GETxxx's. Could anyone advise as to the using 71's for Tr1, 2 and 81 for Tr3, or good alternatives?

I might might use an alternative meter amp (op-amp with 9V supply?) later on, but think it will be interesting to start with an all-original config to begin with.

Thanks

B
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TDO amp.pdf (38.7 KB, 117 views)
Old 20th Dec 2017, 8:53 am   #2

Default Re: Ge DC Amp working at 1.5V

That will work.

Old 20th Dec 2017, 3:32 pm   #3
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: Ge DC Amp working at 1.5V

Thanks Merlin.