UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2019, 9:51 pm   #1
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Static Lines

Hi,

I have just plugged in my Waltham W154 portable to watch some TV
When I tuned into the VCR (Modulator, which is connected to my YouView box)

a couple of seconds with having a picture, static lines appeared on the screen (See attached) I used the set last night too, without this issue.

Edit: I've tested all connections, and everything is fine...

What could the issue be, does anyone know?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wdwde.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	179440  

Last edited by 19Seventy7; 4th Mar 2019 at 9:57 pm.
Old 4th Mar 2019, 10:13 pm   #2
1955APREN
Hexode

Default Re: Static Lines

This looks like some form of menu or text being radiated from another device. I once came across a new tv connected to a new vcr with a fault like this.
When tv was in text mode and the vcr was recording tv . when tape were played back text was on top of the recording a bit like the fault you have.
Make certain that no other unit is close by that might have menu or text selected
regards
Derrick
Old 4th Mar 2019, 10:30 pm   #3
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Static Lines

It's right next to my PC, but when I used it last night it was in the complete opposite corner. I didn't think about that much... I assumed because it could record TV audio onto cassette, meaning the cassette deck would also be on, i assumed interference wouldn't be an issue... I was wrong.

I tried it further away from my PC and it's now stopped.

Thanks for your help
Closed Thread