UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Oct 2018, 10:31 am   #1
JCUKVINTAGERADI
Triode

Default Removing Facia On Hameg HM605

Hi all

Just got my first scope and it needs a good clean. I have removed the smaller knobs as they unscrew but...
does anyone know how to remove this knob and the other 2 as I want to clean the face-plate and everything else as it has years of crud on it from previous owners YUK.
I have used reasonable force but they don't budge and I don't want to damage any of the pots that's they run too. I am thinking that they are on splines but cannot verify.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181005_121032.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	170411  
Old 6th Oct 2018, 11:20 am   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Removing Facia On Hameg HM605

Yes.

If you form a small bent wire hook, insert it into the gap between the small spindle and the white disc surrounding it and gently pull the disc out, you will find a nut underneath it, for which you will need an appropriate hollow tube (box?) spanner.
Old 6th Oct 2018, 11:37 am   #3
JCUKVINTAGERADI
Triode

Default Re: Removing Facia On Hameg HM605

Thank you so much as I wouldn't have thought about that.

Closed Thread