UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2019, 9:16 am   #1
MALC SCOTT
Octode

Default Sony KV1320ub.

Hi, i have been given one of these sets to restore from a friend of mine. The set comes on with very good crt. After a while the pic shrinks as if the ht volts are dropping. Poor frame sync and line drift. I suspect many electrolytics are well past it by now. Has anyone ever restored one of these sets? What are the main culprits? Cheers, Malc.
Old 11th Jun 2019, 1:37 pm   #2
Studio263
Octode

Default Re: Sony KV1320ub.

As with all Japanese equipment of this era, the main enemy is the small plastic transistors, not capacitors. Capacitor problems in the KV-1320UB (assuming that its the original one and not the completely different MkII version) are usually limited to a few on the hinge-down panel at the back.

For faults other than the very obvious, I always start by identifying the faulty stage and then replacing the small transistors in and around it. If it works then great, if not put the originals back and look elsewhere. Measuring them seldom shows anything wrong, replacement is the only true test. There are easy to get European alternatives for most of the ones in the KV-1320UB, its only in the IF sections that you have to be a bit careful with what you use.
Closed Thread