UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2019, 11:05 am   #1
Colin Boggis
Pentode

Question Brownie 8TP-803L

I've recently acquired one of these Japanese radios. I've got it up and running on MW & LW but not SW. From the current consumption it looks as though there's a short circuit in the RF stages when switched to SW. Whilst I can no doubt eventually sort it out it would help enormously if anyone has a schematic diagram - I can see there's a separate SW coil and it has volts on it until SW is selected when the volts die. But it doesn't look to be the coil that's at fault.
Can anyone help?
Old 20th May 2019, 9:18 pm   #2
Colin Boggis
Pentode

Default Re: Brownie 8TP-803L

No need to look for a schematic. I found the fault (somebody had "got at it" and wrongly coupled 2 wires together resulting in a short when switched to SW). All now working correctly.
Closed Thread