UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Oct 2015, 11:10 pm   #1
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Radiophile Auction with Stalls, Gnosall, 18th October 2015

Just a reminder that the October event will take place on Sunday 18th October at Gnosall Memorial Village Hall, Gnosall, Staffs ST20 0ET. The event opens at 9.30am for viewing of auction lots, and stallholders will be selling a variety of vintage sets, components, parts etc. The auction is conducted by a professional Auctioneer and starts early in the afternoon. Refreshments are available throughout the day. You do not have to be a Radiophile subscriber to attend or bid in the auction.

On a related note, the Radiophile auction originally scheduled for 13th December at Gnosall has been cancelled. A two-day teaching workshop will be held instead at the same venue over the weekend.

Phil

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts

Last edited by Phil G4SPZ; 7th Oct 2015 at 11:32 pm. Reason: Hyperlink added
Old 15th Oct 2015, 9:25 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile Auction with Stalls, Gnosall, 18th October 2015

Update: the auction contains around 350 lots and commences at 12 noon. Stallholders will be open for business from 9.30 till 4.00pm.

Old 16th Oct 2015, 12:42 pm   #3
AD360 Rob
Hexode

Thanks for the update, I'll be there
Old 18th Oct 2015, 9:53 pm   #4
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

I probably saw you, Rob, but didn't recognise you! It was nice to meet up with other friends and acquaintances though at what was a very busy event.

In the end, the auction comprised 440 lots and was still in full swing when I left at 4.30pm. I managed to avoid buying anything...

Old 19th Oct 2015, 8:19 am   #5
high_vacuum_house
Octode

I went yesterday and there seemed to be a massive number of lots for the number of people in the hall. I did not stay too long as I had my son with me but wondered how the bidding went later on in the auction. There was a 545b oscilloscope which I would have bid on but far too late on in the auction to stay.
Christopher Capener
Old 19th Oct 2015, 3:59 pm   #6
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

I'm sure I saw you there with your lad, Chris, but I didn't recognise you. Yes, I also thought the number of lots in the auction was a bit optimistic, although most things were selling and there were some bargains to be had. Equally, some amazing prices were reached for specific lots.

Closed Thread