UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 20th Dec 2011, 9:22 pm   #1
Dick Glennon
Hexode

Default Philco 333

Hi, This is my first time on this part of the forum.For a person with plenty of experience in vintage equipment this would not be worth mentioning but to me it is most satisfying, as a few short years ago I had to have my electrolitics done by a valve repair man who was expensive and hard to come by. The 333 was complete to a point , but with no speaker or card back. The cabinet was very good with no scrapes or cracks, but wd 40 came to the rescue for freeing the knobs and volume control shaft. All tubular and electrolitic caps had to be replaced, as also had the 3 valves, all filaments gone. I worked off a Philco service sheet. The power supply I made from an old circuit diagram with modern parts. Rte radio 1 came in loud and clear on long wave with lots of volume. If I could do it I believe anyone could. If any body has a cardback I would be delighted if they could post a photo on the forum.Again thanks to allon the forum and a Happy Christmas.Dick.
Old 13th Feb 2012, 5:13 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Philco 333

Well done Dick - any chance of seeing a picture?

Is this a battery set? I wonder if excess LT voltage had been applied and burned out the filaments?

Phil

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 15th Feb 2012, 2:22 am   #3
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Here's some pictures and infomation about the Philco 333:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philco_...s_set_333.html

This TRF receiver uses three valves. RF amplifier, pentode detector and pentode output.

Were the original batteries outside the cabinet in the same manner as the Bush BP10 (battery DAC90) or fitted on a shelf inside the cabinet?

DFWB.
Old 13th Mar 2012, 10:45 pm   #4
Dick Glennon
Hexode

Hi, I cannot see where a shelf might have been fitted. I still have to put the speaker in place, and I am hoping someone out there will have one for sale sometime. (original). When this is done I will put up some photographs. Thanks for all the help and encouragement. Regards, Dick.
Closed Thread