UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2013, 3:03 pm   #1
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Bush VTR103

I'm feeling rather pleased with myself- I've just acquired one of these from a retro stall in Oswestry market for a very reasonable sum- the more so since it included a brand new PP9. The seller warned me that it didn't work so he couldn't really ask a lot for it!

First poke about revealed the telescopic aerial was in several pieces and as expected at least two of the AF11x transistors were shorted to case. Clipping the shields didn't help so further investigation will have to wait until I'm back at home. At least it will be a chance to try some of the job lot of Russian AF12x devices I acquired a while back.....

Icing on the cake is that SWMBO thinks it looks cute, so when it's fixed it will probably go into every day use
.........O..Chris....O
Old 19th May 2013, 6:43 pm   #2
davegsm82
Heptode

Default Re: Bush VTR103

I've got one of these to look at too, it did have one transistor low resistance to case, after clearing that it's still deaf though. Some further investgation required.

What are the AF12x devices you'll be trying? I'll need to source some replacements myself as I've used up pretty much all of my stock of GE transistors.

Dave.
Old 20th May 2013, 12:11 am   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

I can't recall what the devices are- they were sold at about £12 per hundred and I thought it was worth a punt. I'll find out next week if they're any use!
.........O..Chris....O
Old 20th May 2013, 4:23 am   #4
john.north
Pentode

Bush VTR103.

If the AFs are ok and you get noise from the speaker then the detector diode will almost certaintly be faulty. The last three i have bought, a VTR103 and 2 TR82Bs have been the same. I put the new one on the pin side rather than take the can apart.
Closed Thread