UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2018, 9:30 pm   #1
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Strange phenomenon with Aurora with BVWS winter 2016 DVD

Good evening,
I am having a peculiar issue with the BVWS Winter 2016 DVD when sent through the Aurora. When the DVD is played normally it plays absolutely fine but when goes through the Aurora it intermittently brings up the test card C as if the video signal disappears. This occurs at identical points throughout the recordings and the lengths of the dropouts are of different lengths. This phenomenon only occurs which this particular DVD.

Has anyone else come across this phenomenon?

Christopher Capener
Old 20th Sep 2018, 7:05 am   #2
Jac
Heptode

Default Re: Strange phenomenon with Aurora with BVWS winter 2016 DVD

When you look at the contents of this DVD with a 625 line set, do you see any interruptions or sync problems?
If TCC appears, it means that (correct) video is not present at that particular moment.

I remember having problems with a particular BVWS DVD, and was promptly sent a replacement, which had the same problems. Can't remember which one it was.

Jac
Old 20th Sep 2018, 9:03 am   #3
Brigham
Octode

I've seen this with home-edited material. It doesn't take much for the Aurora to decide it isn't 'up to standard', and display the Test Card instead.
(I suppose you could replace the test card with 'Normal Service will be Resumed...')
Old 20th Sep 2018, 12:25 pm   #4
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Even when a DVD player stutters when it struggles to read a disc, it is displaying teh last image it had so there should not be a situation where proper video frames weren't being output.

Is it repeatable - always occurs in sam eplace ? If not, could the composite video levels be not quite right ?

TTFN,
Jon
Old 20th Sep 2018, 1:09 pm   #5
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Good afternoon,
It is repeatable at the identical points throughout the DVD. When watching it normally from the DVD player through a modern(!!) I.e.625 line telly the playback quality is perfect with no glitches. Strangely it is just this one DVD that does it! I have played all of the BVWS DVD’s through it as well as quite a few Laurel and Hardy films and nothing seems to upset the Auroras output. The sound is unaffected.
Christopher Capener
Old 20th Sep 2018, 8:51 pm   #6
peter_scott
Dekatron

Can you tell us us which BVWS film is troublesome and the time the glitch occurs?

Peter
Closed Thread