UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2017, 1:13 pm   #1
Arqiva BOC
Retired Dormant Member

Default Interesting BBC historical site info

A colleague of mine (who shall remain nameless after he reversed a fork truck into 2LO) has sent me this link

http://www.bbceng.info/Operations/tr...c_tx_sites.htm

lots of info on historic BBC sites and systems
Old 16th Sep 2017, 12:14 am   #2
Andrew2
Nonode

Default Re: Interesting BBC historical site info

I have that site in my favourites. It's an absolute goldmine of BBC info. Highly recommended.
Old 16th Sep 2017, 9:30 am   #3
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arqiva BOC View Post
A colleague of mine (who shall remain nameless after he reversed a fork truck into 2LO) has sent me this link
Did your colleage get promoted? Writing-off a team vehicle, reversing over a (then) new BBC Micro, driving up a set of home-made car ramps in preparation for a 'homer'* and overshooting, thus flattening a tranche of brand-new log-periodic transmitting aerials laid out for erection all seemed to end in career enhancement. Whether it was to get the offenders out of the way, I don't know...

It would appear that if you committed some misdemeanour or other, your name would be remembered. But, after so long, no-one would remember just why!

*See other thread.

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 16th Sep 2017, 10:18 am   #4
Radio Wrangler

Similar promotions seem to happen in other industries, Russel. In fact they seem to be an essential requirement. The BBC is not singled out for the inverse Peter Principle.

David
Old 17th Sep 2017, 10:10 am   #5
The General
Hexode

I put all 5 radio networks off the air once. Didn't get promoted though. Didn't catch hell for it either as it was due to another department not documenting their work....

Mark
Old 17th Sep 2017, 10:46 am   #6
Junk Box Nick
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
Similar promotions seem to happen in other industries, Russel. In fact they seem to be an essential requirement.
I have found this to be common practice in the industry in which I have spent most of my working life.
Closed Thread